Monday, August 8, 2011

Embed tweets in your Blogger post without taking a screenshot

I love learning new things, especially when they make my life easier! This one is a no-brainer: How can I embed a screenshot of a tweet without taking a screenshot, cropping it down, and uploading the image? Simple, bake yourself a Blackbird Pie.

Blackbird Pie has been called "a prototype" "really rough" and it's author boasts that it "doesn’t even work in a lot of places!" But can it live up to the hype?

In a word: Yes. It works on Blogger, and promises to save me dozens of minutes of needless Photoshopping down the road. It really is easy as pie (har har har).

Here's an example:


The text stays text, and the script grabs a piece of background image for context! It even sizes itself to my post, what's not to love??

What I learned: If it makes life easier, somebody's already on top of it.