Thursday, August 11, 2011

The checkout is the last checkpoint [comic]

Since my post about Finish Line supplying ping pong balls for "Shoe Pong," I was made aware of a display of College Essentials in Target, and I've been thinking more about the role of the cashier as the last arbiter leading up to risky decisions (especially risky decisions involving large quantities of alcohol and alcohol, um, accessories).

It reminded me of teenagers buying large amounts of toilet paper and eggs, and the cashier all but calling their parents in an attempt to stop them. Why is there not a similar protest in an attempt to avoid potentially destructive situations later in life?

cashier at checkout with student buying beer or toilet paper

I labeled this post [comic] because I'm thinking about making more of these Photoshop college collages. Ooooh, zippy!